2IC to Managing Director | Full Time
Up to $210,000 Package including Super and Incentives
Av-Comm Space and Defence builds and sustains satellite ground stations for government and defence clients, offering Australian capability with local manufacturing experience. Our team of specialists are experts in field engineering and technical services, project and risk management, maintenance and sustainment.
Av-Comm is experiencing significant growth as we have won a number of large multi-year contracts in support of the developing Australian Space Sector. We are looking for people to be a part of the future, who are passionate and want to build, and shape the Australian Space Industry.
The Operations Manager will focus on establishing and executing the overall business vision and strategy to achieve the company’s short and long-term financial, operational, and business growth objectives. The successful individual will provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment for staff and provide customers with exceptional product and service standards.
This role may suit an individual looking to make a step-up into a Operations Manager role, with the requisite drive, commercial skills and a history of success against growth objectives. Alternatively, it may suit someone currently leading a larger business who would like a more hands-on role where they can build and develop their legacy.
Our strong growth means we need a competent Operations Manager. Working as a 2IC to the Managing Director, the right person for this role will be driven and self-sufficient. While the role will be based in our Brookvale office, you may also attend meetings and undertake field visits at project sites around Australia.
- 5+ years’ experience in a progressive operational leadership role establishing business goals and strategies.
- Domain experience such as satellite communication, information technology, advanced manufacturing is preferable but not essential, must be passionate about the Australian space industry.
- A genuine team player, willing to work shoulder to shoulder with others to get the job done.
- Experience with implementing systems, processes, and procedures (ISO9001:2015) to ensure the business can deliver against its objectives in a professional and focused manner.
- Experience managing across sales, marketing, finance, HR, operations and project management
- 4 direct reports (projects, new business, account management, finance) from an existing staff of 12, currently experiencing significant growth.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and leadership qualities
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of managing staff effectively
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to display flexibility by shifting priorities
- Computer literacy, proficiency in CRM/ERP systems desirable
- Provide hands-on assistance when required.
You are someone who loves to solve problems and adjust to new challenges whether it is collaboratively or individually. You are:
- And a natural leader.
Av-Comm employs to ISO4811:2006 and you may be required to undergo pre-employment screening, including police and other checks of your credentials.
You may also be required to gain and maintain Australian Defence Force security clearances of Baseline or above. Therefore a blemish free character record would be needed.