Full Time | North Sydney, Sydney NSW
About Av-Comm Space & Defence
Av-Comm designs, manufactures, and installs optical and RF ground station terminals in support of Space and Defence customers around the world. Our mission is to create space technology solutions to connect the world and beyond.
Over the last twelve months Av-Comm has grown at an exponential rate, and over the next 12 months, will continue to grow due to its involvement in Australian Defence programs. The company is looking to fill a range of positions to cover the scope of work and opportunities that lay ahead.
We are seeking a Project Coordinator to assist with a number of projects and anticipate the person to grow into a project management position as the opportunity arises.
Objectives of Role
- Liaise with managers and clients to define project requirements, scopes, and objectives that align with organisational goals.
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring that projects remain within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Analyse project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope or timeline to achieve optimal results.
- Assign roles and tasks to team members based on their individual strengths and abilities.
- Help build the skill sets of team members and share learnings with other employees.
- Achieve organisational goals while adhering to standards and best practices.
- Ensure that all aspects of a project are organised and conform to timeline and deliverable requirements.
- Develop and maintain project performance database that tracks overall progress and achievement of milestones.
- Assign and monitor resources effectively to boost project efficiency and maximize deliverable output.
- Report project risks and outcomes to appropriate management channels and escalate issues according to project work plan.
- Serve as a point of contact between company teams and external resources.
- Deepen partnerships with outside resources, including third-party vendors and researchers.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Three or more years of experience in project coordination.
- Experience in coordinating teams and clients.
- Proven success in a corporate setting, working with all levels of management.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Be able to attain a baseline security clearance from AGSVA
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Certificate III, IIII, or degree in project management.