Full Time | Brookvale, Sydney, NSW
$123,000-$249,000 Including Super and Incentives
About Av-Comm Space & Defence
Av-Comm Space and Defence builds and sustains satellite ground stations for government and defence clients, offering Australian capability with local manufacturing experience. Our team of specialists are experts in field engineering and technical services, project and risk management, maintenance and sustainment.
Av-Comm is experiencing significant growth as we have won a number of large multi-year contracts in support of the developing Australian Space Sector. We are looking for people to be a part of the future, who are passionate and want to build, and shape the Australian Space
About the role
Av-Comm is seeking a Project Delivery Manager, who will be responsible for the delivery of our satellite communications infrastructure projects throughout Australia and the South Pacific. The role will require travel with up to 60 days per year spent away from home, meeting with project stakeholders in office environments as well as in the field.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of project scope, schedule, cost, and risk plans across multiple projects concurrently. This role will afford you the opportunity to build infrastructure that contributes to Australia’s enduring space legacy.
- Develop and manage project plans, budgets, and risk management plans
- Determine project schedule and activities throughout the project lifecycle, and manage implementation of project plans to meet scope, time, cost, quality, and safety requirements.
- Ensure that projects we undertake actively adhere to, manage, promote a safe workplace and compliance to the Work Health & Safety Act 2011.
- Timely and accurate financial management of managed projects.
- Attend relevant local networking engagements and represent the service line.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Project Delivery team through day to day and formal performance management processes to facilitate achievement of business goals.
- Ensure that customer needs, expectations and satisfaction are proactively managed including compliance with client specifications and quality assurance standards.
- Develop and execute solutions to overcome problems as and when they arise, thinking outside of the box to find solutions that deliver value for the customer and company.
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years experience in the delivery of telecommunications infrastructure, commercial construction, or adjacent industry.
- A professional network with industry, contractor and supplier contacts.
- Degree level qualification in, project management or equivalent related degree.
- A sound understanding of workplace compliance to the Work Health & Safety Act 2011.
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project.
- Experience working with and implementing processes ISO 9001:2015.
- Driver license.
- General Construction Induction White Card.