Full Time | Brookvale, Sydney, NSW
Up to and possibly exceeding $230,000 package (inc. super, benefits and incentives)
About Av-Comm Space & Defence
Av-Comm Space and Defence builds and sustains satellite ground stations for government and defence clients, offering Australian capability with local manufacturing experience. Our team of specialists are experts in field engineering and technical services, project and risk management, maintenance and sustainment.
Av-Comm is experiencing significant growth as we have won a number of large multi-year contracts in support of the developing Australian Space Sector. We are looking for people to be a part of the future, who are passionate and want to build, and shape the Australian Space
About the Role
This role is to actively promote Av-Comm Space & Defence’s products and services to Government and Defence clients. The role will involve identifying and cultivating relationships with Government Departments and Agencies, as well as relationships with the Defence Prime Contractors.
The role will suit someone who is passionate about developing Australia’s sovereign space and advanced manufacturing capabilities to establish Australia’s enduring space legacy.
The role will involve extensive interstate travel, with some international travel away from home attending conferences, tradeshows, events and meetings.
You will be responsible for creating a sales pipeline through presenting and scoping activities with customers then generating proposals through to landing the commercial opportunities.
- Visit, present, promote, and sell Av-Comm Space & Defence products and services to existing and prospective customers
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships/deals.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive business and customer relationships to ensure repeat and referral business.
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other departments.
- Maintain a strong understanding of Av-Comm Space & Defence products, features, and technical specifications to answer specific customer questions.
- Provide Av-Comm management with regular reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services with a key component having “your finger on the pulse” of the market both here and abroad.
- Develop, capture and maintain an extensive knowledge base and pipeline of all accounts including opportunity and bid/win plans.
- You will also lead and be responsible for all tender writing and approach to market responses.
Skills and Experience Required
As the ideal candidate and to make the transition as smooth as possible, you will possess the following key attributes:
- A minimum 5 years past sales experience in the Space, Telecommunications, or Defence or adjacent industries, dealing with both influences and decision-makers in Government Departments, as well as medium and large aligned organisations
- Your networking skills are second to none.
- Prospecting & generating new business opportunities by setting up business meetings to visit and qualify client’s requirements.
- You will have responsibility to maintaining a detailed CRM of all contacts and opportunities.
- Strong understanding of the Space, Telecommunications, or Defence industry products and a general view on the products offered in the Australian and South Pacific markets
- Excellent negotiation & persuasions skills with “win-win” outcomes for Av-Comm and our clients
- Your “on stage” presentation skills and slide deck creation abilities will be above excellent.
- Build, growing and maintaining a healthy monthly sales pipeline
- Strong strategic planning skills and second to none time management skills
You are someone who loves to solve problems and adjust to new challenges, whether it is collaboratively or individually.
- Success Driven
- A Natural Leader
Av-Comm employs to ISO4811:2006 and you may be required to undergo pre-employment screening, including police and other checks of your credentials.
You may also be required to gain and maintain Australian Defence Force security clearances of Baseline or above. Therefore, a blemish free character record would be needed.