The Research Concepts RC1500 Antenna Controller is a single axis satellite antenna controller that is designed to motorise satellite dishes that utilise a single axis motorisation system such as a polar mount. The Research Concepts RC1500 Antenna Controller directly drives linear DC actuators with a voltage of 36 volt (max 8 amps), the RC1500 controllers are compatible with both reed or hall effect sensors typically used for accurate position counting of linear DC actuators.
Additionally, the Research Concepts RC1500 Antenna Controller can be fitted with an optional RC2KPOL daughter board that provides control of motorised feedhorn assemblies.
The Research Concepts RC1500 Antenna Controller can to enhanced with the addition of the RCI Web Server to allow remote positioning and to support system status updates Simple Network Monitoring Protocol (SNMP).
- An intuitive user interface based on a 2 by 16 liquid crystal display and a 16 key keypad.
- Interfaces with pulse based position sensors – reed switch, Hall effect, or optical.
- Servo based polarisation control via an optional daughter board, designated RC2KPOL, can interface with a 5 to 24 volt DC powered rotating equipped with a potentiometer for position feedback.
- Serial communications via an RS-422 port or optional web sever (web GUI).
- Rack Mounting (2 rack units high), 115/230 VAC Switch Selectable Power Input