The Newtec EL170 IP Satellite Modulator is a state of the art satellite modulator designed for IP applications over satellite in full compliance with the DVB standards. The Newtec EL170 IP Satellite Modulator performs IP processing functions such as packet filtering, routing and encapsulation. Depending on the applications and the activated features, the EL170 can be used in conjunction with consumer satellite IP receiving devices, professional IP receivers such as the EL940, or professional satellite IP demodulators such as the EL970.
The Newtec EL170 IP Satellite Modulator offers a dual auto-switching Gigabit Ethernet interface and integrates seamlessly with terrestrial IP networks and equipment. The incoming IP packets can be filtered using e.g. VLAN or MAC addresses, transmitted transparently (data piping mode) or routed to several receiving points and destination addresses. Several routing and addressing mechanisms can be used and even combined:
- Routing to the MAC address of the IP receivers, using MultiProtocol (MPE) or Ultra Light (ULE) encapsulation, or with the more efficient Extended Performance (XPE) or Generic Stream (GSE) Encapsulation.
- Addressing using several PIDs (MPE or ULE only)
- Addressing using several stream identifiers (with the DVB-S2 Multistream mode)
The output options of the Newtec EL170 IP Satellite Modulator include an L-band interface (extended L-band available), and IF output. The Newtec EL170 IP Satellite Modulator also acts as the BUC power supply and 10 Mhz reference. TheNewtec EL170 IP Satellite Modulator also supports Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM) mode, modifying the modulation parameters dynamically as a function of the link conditions. The optional Base-Band Frame input option allows the EL170 to work with the external EL860 Bandwidth Manager. The modulator incorporates the renowned FlexACM® technology which fully optimizes the satellite link at optimal availability.
- DVB-S2 and DVB-DSNG/S compliant
- QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK
- XPE, GSE, ULE, MPE, data piping, encapsulation
- Data rates up to 133 Mbit/s
- L-band monitoring output
- Programmable amplitude slope equalizer
- DVB-S2 Multistream
- Switchable BUC power supply on L-band output
- Optional Extended L-band
- Optional VCM and ACM operation (FlexACM®)
- Optional 10 MHz reference input/output
- Optional Linear and non-linear predistortion (Equalink™)
- Optional AES encryption • Optional Clean Channel Technology™