The Newtec EL178 High Speed Satellite Modem is a state of the-art satellite modulator optimised for high speed IP applications over satellite in compliance with the DVB-S2 standard. The Newtec EL178 High Speed Satellite Modem performs IP processing functions such as packet filtering, routing, and encapsulation.
To achieve speeds up to 160 Mbit/s, only the Newtec EL178 High Speed Satellite Modem utilises the fastest and most bandwidth-efficient encapsulation and modulation parameters available. The EL178 can be used in conjunction with the high speed IP satellite demodulator EL978 for point-to-point backbone links. In star networks similar to the configuration used in IP trunking and enterprise, the EL178 can be used in conjunction with the high speed EL478 modem at remote sites. The Newtec EL178 High Speed Satellite Modem offers a dual auto-switching Gigabit Ethernet interface and integrates seamlessly with terrestrial IP networks and equipment. The incoming IP packets can be filtered using e.g. VLAN or MAC addresses, transmitted transparently (bridging) or routed to several destination addresses using Newtec’s Extended Performance (XPE) Encapsulation.
- DVB-S2 compliant
- QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK
- Data rates up to 160 Mbit/s
- XPE encapsulation
- L-band monitoring output
- Programmable amplitude slope equalizer
- Optional extended L-band
- Optional 10 MHz reference input/output
- Optional switchable BUC power supply on L-band output
- Optional Linear and non-linear predistortion (EqualinkTM)
- DVB-S2 Multistream
- Optional VCM and ACM operation (FlexACM)
- Optional AES encryption
- Optional Clean Channel Technology