The NovelSat NS300 Satellite Modem is the ideal product for data applications that require satellite transfer rates of up to 30 Mbps. In full duplex mode, the NS300 can simultaneously send and receive a total of 60 Mbps per modem. The Novelsat NS300 Satellite Modem supports DVB-S, DVB-S2 with 5% roll off , DVB-S2X* and NovelSat NS3.
The NovelSat NS300 Satellite Modem includes built-in IP processing features to make data transmission more efficient and cost effective. The NovelSat NS300 supports point-to-point and point-to-multipoint links and incorporates the NovelSat high efficiency NSPE encapsulation scheme. The NS300 integrated IP processing unit supports a wide range of features such as advanced QoS, transparent bridging (Layer 2), VLAN switching (Layer 2), routing mode (Layer 3) and header and payload acceleration.
Equipped for data transmission, the NS300 comes with 4 E1/T1 interfaces for cellular backhaul, 2 ASI interfaces for video and Gigabit 1000Base-T. It also has built-in hardware support for LDPC advanced FEC, NovelSat NS3 and NovelSat DUET CeC (carrier-echo-cancellation). All this makes the NS300 the ideal low-data-rate modem for cellular backhaul, IP trunking and other data services applications, not to mention a valuable asset for broadcasters’ DSNG units.
When you upgrade to NovelSat NS3 transmission technology, the NS300 typically boosts spectral efficiency by 40% to 60% compared with DVB-S2 equipment. NovelSat NS3 also adds superior resilience to jamming, interference, phase noise and weather fluctuations. For additional savings in operational costs, add optional NovelSat DUET CeC to double the bandwidth available on a single carrier. These unique technologies give the low-cost, high-performance NovelSat NS300 Professional Satellite Modem the highest performance and most compelling ROI for businesses with satellite data transmission needs.
- Scalable from 100Kbps to 60Mbps (30Mbps x2)
- DVB-S2 (EN 302 307) & DVB-S2X* compliant
- DVB-S, DVB-DSNG (EN300-421, EN301-210) transmission compliant
- Symbol rate 0.1-25Msps
- NovelSat NS3TM technology
- Modulation: BPSK, QPSK, 8APSK, 16APSK, 32APSK, 64APSK
- LDPC (Low Density Power Check)
- Roll-off Filter: 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 35% with both DVB-S2 and NovelSat NS3
- NovelSat DUET CeC (carrier-echo-cancellation) technology
- Dual Band Support (IF-Band 50-180 MHz & Extended L-Band (950-2150 MHz)
- 10-15dB stronger jamming immunity
- Optimized ACM mode
- IP Processing Enhancements
- VLAN switching (Layer 2)/ Router mode (Layer 3) •NSPETM IP Encapsulation
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service)
- IP Transparent Bridging
- Jumbo frame support
- Header Compression
- WAN Acceleration (TCP, Payload Acceleration)
- Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), Up to 4 E1/T1 interfaces, SFP)