The Romantis UHP-230 Satellite Router is a satellite modem that can be configured for use in SCPC, TDMA, and hybrid SCPC/TDMA architectures. The Romantis UHP-230 Satellite Router is designed to be flexible allowing it to be used for a variety of applications including, cellular backhaul, broadband internet, point to point layer 2 links, and video content distribution and contribution. Romantis UHP-230 Satellite Router is the rack mounted version of the Romantis UHP-200 Satellite Router.
The primary application of Romantis UHP-230 Satellite Router is in Satellite Hub earth stations, where multiple routers can be cascaded in a 19′ equipment rack. The Romantis UHP-230 Satellite Router is also a good fit for complex remote TDM/TDMA or Hubless TDMA terminals with high throughput and multi-mode operation.
The Romantis UHP-230 Satellite Router’s multiple demodulators allow simultaneous reception of two TDM or SCPC carriers and group of TDMA mesh carriers from two distinct satellite beams or from two antennas. The Romantis UHP-230 Satellite Router’s universal modulator can instantaneously switch from TDMA burst mode to SCPC mode, thus assuring high data throughout and efficiency.
The Romantis UHP-230 Satellite Router is supplied in a compact 1U chassis for installation in a standard 19 inch rack. Built-in AC power supply with high power rating and 10 MHz frequency reference ensure reliable operation of the router itself and of the outdoor RF equipment from multiple vendors. Low power consumption, optional DC power input, and uniquely fast start on power-up facilitate use of alternative power sources, such as low voltage DC (solar) system.
Romantis UHP-230 Key Features
- Two independent DVB demodulators with separate software-switchable IF inputs and rate up to 65 Msps
- Enhanced DVB-S2 QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK* modulations
- 5% or 20% roll-off
- Multichannel MF-TDMA demodulator with innovative protocol and proven efficiency of 96% vs. SCPC
- Adaptive coding and modulation (ACM) in forward and return channels, including SCPC and TDMA modes
- Various modes of operation and topologies: SCPC, TDM/TDMA, TDM/TDMA Mesh, Hubless TDMA
- HTS-ready VSAT with support of multiple beams, bands, satellites reception with traffic balancing
- Support of Layer 3 routing architecture and Layer 2 bridging mode with IPV6 transport
- Support of 1:1 or 1:N automatic redundancy schemes without use of external controllers
*Additional license required