The Novelsat NS1000 Broadcast Satellite Modulator can support the industry standard satellite modulator schemes DVB-S, DVB-S2 as well as offering Novelsat’s innovative DVB-S/S2 with 5% roll off, NS3, and NS4* modulation formats. The Novelsat NS1000 Broadcast Satellite Modulator can accept input signals from an encoder via the ASI and TS/IP inputs and provides the modulated output via L Band output (950 – 1750 MHz * optional extended L-Band 950MHz-2150MHz) or IF (50-180 MHz).
The Novelsat NS1000 Broadcast Satellite Modulator supports data rates of up to 365 Mbps using 70 Msps, that enables transmission of the maximum data rate over a single 72MHz transponder (when utilising NovelSat’s Carrier in Carrier technology, DUET CeC). The Novelsat NS1000 Broadcast Satellite Modulator’s dual-channel option enables any two inputs to be combined simultaneously over one carrier, each with a different modulation scheme using Variable Coding Modulation (VCM), one for each channel. This enables transmission quality that is dependent upon the interface content and the different receivers’ locations. Dual-channel operation also enables the combination of Ethernet streaming and the ASI interface, easing migration to IP streaming while controlling the QoS of each stream.
The Novelsat NS1000 Broadcast Satellite Modulator is a software based satellite modulator which provides flexibility and upgradability beyond any other manufacturer of satellite modulators. Novelsat is based in Israel and invest significantly in research and development, this has afforded the company an exception reputation amongst satellite user and providers. The Novelsat NS1000 Broadcast Satellite Modulator is a state of the art modulator designed for high demand satellite transmission. NS1000 is the only system in the market that has NS3 enhancement, delivering significantly higher spectral efficiency compared to DVB-S2.
Advantages of NS3 Modulation:
- Lower Satellite Bandwidth: Savings of 20% to 78% satellite bandwidth (when compared to DVB-S2 greater savings possible when compared to DVB-S).
- Higher Data Rate: Increases transmitted data rate by over 100% (over available DVB-S2 equipment in the market).
- Smaller Dish: Reduction of dish size. Achieves the same data rate using a smaller dish.
NS3 achieves a remarkable data rate improvement of over 36% compared to DVB-S2, when working at high SNR link.
- DVB-S, DSNG, DVB-S2 (EN300-421, EN301-210, EN302-307) compliant
- Data rates of up to 365Mbps
- Powerful pre-distortion algorithm for saturated channels
- L-Band output mode 950 – 1750 MHz (optional extended L Band 950 – 2150 MHz)
- IF output mode 50MHz-180MHz (either L-Band or IF)
- 10MHz reference (In/Out)
- Dual ASI input interface
- Dual Ethernet 1Gb input interface ACM support
- Superior resilience for jamming, interference, weather fluctuations and phase noise
- The most complete feature set: ACM, AUPC, DDC…
- Up to 64APSK modulation scheme support
NovelSat is a world leader in satellite communication technology. Its field-proven satellite communications platforms deliver unsurpassed spectral efficiency, transfer speeds and high-end features to businesses of all sizes who rely on satellite communications for data transmission and broadcasting. The NovelSat product range includes satellite modems, modulators and demodulators. All models support DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X industry standards while offering further efficiency utilising NovelSat NS3 and NovelSat DUETTM CeC (Carrier Echo Cancellation) technologies. NovelSat technologies deliver the satellite industry’s most compelling ROI and the most scalable transmission solutions from 64Kbps to 850Mbps on a single modem.